Faith
Dull greens color part of my shadow...my soul deteriorates at certain thoughts. I know I'd clench my fist if I let my emotions lose. I can't kill myself, I don't have the stupidity and the guts. Besides, I'd rather have you back, and the best chance of doing that is by staying alive. We've been together through all this distance for more than eight months now, I wonder if you would still be calling it a monthsary because, you called for a cool off. But in a few days, it would be our 9th monthsary and I've always loved the thought of growing old with you.
Then uncertainty blew at us when this guy from Florida came into the scene. You work with him, and you say he seems happier now than he used to be. By the way, I might be looking to rent a room in LA, one that is close to work. I was hoping you'd be with me. I don't know if you would. I need not rant about all these things that are going on between us, I know we've both had enough. Personally I'd love it if we could just get back together, I still have faith in us, and I still love you. Everything reminds me of you, brings tears to my eyes, you are not a girlfriend, you feel more like my wife. My wife who always catches herself in a messy situation. How many times should we reconcile before you find it in yourself to lean on no one but me, the husband of your heart and soul.
I was close to tears when I was discussing the Odyssey to my student, it was the part where Telemachus had complained at how Penelope (his mother) had reacted when she'd first seen the figure of Odysseus by the hearth. She walked slowly toward the figure uncertain of who it was...for the first time in 20 years, her husband was back home.
I have faith in you, I know that youth can be tricky, youth combined with a 25 year old male desperate to settle down. Maybe it was the first time that someone had been kind to him. Well, definitely that wasn't the first time you had been kind to the opposite sex. I bet you just feel like flirting every so often, you can flirt but don't get caught in your own game.
Then uncertainty blew at us when this guy from Florida came into the scene. You work with him, and you say he seems happier now than he used to be. By the way, I might be looking to rent a room in LA, one that is close to work. I was hoping you'd be with me. I don't know if you would. I need not rant about all these things that are going on between us, I know we've both had enough. Personally I'd love it if we could just get back together, I still have faith in us, and I still love you. Everything reminds me of you, brings tears to my eyes, you are not a girlfriend, you feel more like my wife. My wife who always catches herself in a messy situation. How many times should we reconcile before you find it in yourself to lean on no one but me, the husband of your heart and soul.
I was close to tears when I was discussing the Odyssey to my student, it was the part where Telemachus had complained at how Penelope (his mother) had reacted when she'd first seen the figure of Odysseus by the hearth. She walked slowly toward the figure uncertain of who it was...for the first time in 20 years, her husband was back home.
I have faith in you, I know that youth can be tricky, youth combined with a 25 year old male desperate to settle down. Maybe it was the first time that someone had been kind to him. Well, definitely that wasn't the first time you had been kind to the opposite sex. I bet you just feel like flirting every so often, you can flirt but don't get caught in your own game.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home