Sunday, June 26, 2005

Last Day to the Four Day Ordeal...if only for this week

Sunday. Biblically speaking, it is the day when God the creator saw that everything He had done hath been finished and that it was good. I wonder if good was what he had really thought of the entire thing. I'd say it was all far from perfect, nonetheless, perfect was the last thing the mysterious God would want. So, on the seventh day, there was rest for the creator, as for man, it would be a great misconception to think that it would also be that 7th day of rest. Quite contrary to that, the 7th day was a big day, just like the day before the first day of school would be a big day for moms and kids alike. The 7th day was the first day of all things in place, thus, in a more commercial perspective, the grand opening. I wouldn't expect rest on the grand opening of any situation. Awe, maybe, but never rest.

So on this holy sunday, the day of the Lord God's rest, man and woman began his and her toil, which eventually led to this and that, and God pointing both to the exit of paradise. So, today, we find ourselves oncemore on a sunday, a sunday more fulfilling than most sundays I've had thus far in terms of acheiving anything.

Today. Today, I learned that somehow good things can come of a seemingly unpalatable situation. We had two classes, a morning class which began at around 8:20 am, but ought to 20 minutes earlier, and another class in the afternoon, which started at around 2pm and today ended an hour shy of the actual 7:00 PM class dismissal.

The instructors they had hired this time did not dismay us. The first one, although she had a knack of explaining in too wordy a manner (she actually speaks worse than the way I write!) was rather posh, knowledgable, young and full of life and brimming with excitement at what the semester had yet to unfold. The second was an excellent speaker, he had humor, wit an M.D. , an MPHM from Brussels, teaches at a more reputable school than ours, and to top it off he was quite an inspirational speaker in his own manner. Not a dull moment in his presence. Everyone was smiling or laughing their simple hearts out at his witty humor. He managed to slip in interesting bits of information all the while satisfying the students' nagging want for an on the topic, no fuss, no frills discussion. Everyone seemed mentally alert, including me! What a miracle! He is a gift sent from the heavens above. Nerds like these whom in college many would envy or had probably disliked because at one time or another they'd been outwitted by such characters.

I love this day!

So, tonight, we all scramble to gather the bits and pieces of the weekend to scavenge for a dinner with family or friends, or the much needed R and R, catch a late movie, and mumble on to work the next day. These are working students and once working students at their finest. I believe that it is rather admirable that they can cope with such a set up, because I have never really felt a week to be lacking in days, or a day to be lacking in hours until recently.

===================================================================

As for my hunny, hello!
I do apologize for being unable to keep you company an hour or two a day the way we used to. Maybe it would be a struggle for the both of us to keep this going, however it would certainly be healthy for us if we'd be able to cope with all these givens in our lives. I apologize too for my innability to stay up or wake up early in the morning to correspond with you about my day and yours. We aren't really worlds apart, the important thing is that I know you, and you know me, and we both know and accept who we both are, one to the other. As always, I love you, and if you think that my actions show that my emotions for you are waning, do not be hesitant to jab me on the head as a reminder of my shortcomings. I love you dearly and I would not wish to be without you despite my torturous imaginings. I have yet to perfect my understanding of my emotions, isn't it high time that I took control of my wants?

I love you, and though it may seem a bit overbearing, I'd state this for the record, like the signage on a stretch of road under construction "please bear with me." If only for the rest of our lives, then one day we'd find the fruit of our labors and appreciate every bit of it because we suffered just to reach a point as such.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whos ur hunny?

are u a lesbian?

-piggy

Monday, June 27, 2005 at 8:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jdee said...

Gee...so many questions!
(..luckily I've got a lot of answers to give...)

I am BIsexual..
how about you?

female? male? age? location?

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 at 9:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home